Site number 11930 (.in extension); 928382 (global rank)
|Title||Interns Over 40
(view sites with similar title)
|Description ||ShareThis skip to main | skip to sidebar "A New Career For The Skilled Worker" (>500,000 visitors 2011) Free "Creating Killer Resumes" Chapter Of Career Transition Eguide For Older Workers" _ _ Search Over 1,000 Career Articles/Videos Free Sampler ebook...|
Add this site to your favorite list
Interns Over 40. ShareThis. skip to main |
skip to sidebar. "A New Career For The Skilled Worker"
(>500,000 visitors 2011)
Free "Creating Killer Resumes" Chapter Of Career Transition Eguide For Older Workers"
__________________________________ ________________________________________________. Search Over 1,000 Career Articles/Videos.
Free Sampler ebook Interview To Get Jobs Create Your 30/60/90 Job Search Plan. Ace Your Next Interview! Dramatically Improve Your Linkedin Profile. Easily Create Your Cover Letters. Job Interview Confidence Webinar.
There was an error in this gadget. Workshops/Webinars This Week.
Find A Franchise Free Webinar. Workshop: Creating Cover Letters That Get You Interviews. 30/60/90 Day Job Search Plan Webinar.
11/17/12 Featured Career Transition Articles/Video:
Do You Know The 7 Mistakes Job Seekers Over 50 Make? 9 Steps to Acing a Phone Job Interview Laid-off Older Workers Face Biases In Job Search Baby Boomer Interview Tips:How To Interview With A Younger Generation ...
||Alexa Rank Date
Access traffic rank of internsover40.blogspot.in (site position)
Server IP of internsover40.blogspot.in: 18.104.22.168
(hosted by Google)
Domain extension: .in
(list top sites in India)
internsover40.blogspot.in is linking to those sites:
- Free "Creating Killer Resumes" Chapter Of Career Transition Eguide For Older Workers"
- Free Sampler ebook Interview To Get Jobs
- Create Your 30/60/90 Job Search Plan.
- Ace Your Next Interview!
- Dramatically Improve Your Linkedin Profile.
- Easily Create Your Cover Letters.
- Job Interview Confidence Webinar
- “Find A Franchise ” Free Webinar.
- Workshop: Creating Cover Letters That Get You Interviews.
- Do You Know The 7 Mistakes Job Seekers Over 50 Make?
- 9 Steps to Acing a Phone Job Interview
- Laid-off Older Workers Face Biases In Job Search
- Baby Boomer Interview Tips:How To Interview With A Younger Generation
- 10 Tough Q A's for Older Workers
- Older Job Seeker: Want To Tweet Yourself To A New Job?
- ‡ 4 Tips to De-Stress Your Job Search ‡
- 10 Reasons To Hire Older Workers
- NEW to INTERNS OVER 40? Subscribe to our newsletter - it's FREE
- 3 Post a Comment
- Get More Efficiency Out Of Female Employees
- How To Get Hired Faster on Linkedin
- Tara Gowland, Seattle Jobs Examiner, March 24, 2009
- Free Career Skills Analysis
- 22 Post a Comment
- 8 Activities to Cope with Stress During A Job Search
- Contributing Writer: Ilissa Banhazl, Marriage and Family Therapy, 2011 Getting older can be humbling for some of us, especially if you are trying to find a new career in today's job market. The economy has lead to workers of all ages being let go. Realizing you are older in a youthful job market may ignite other losses. People sometimes find that they are getting older and physically may not be able to do the things they used to do. We can feel isolated without a job to go to everyday. Some of us may experience loss of loved ones or adult children moving away. Do you feel like the same person inside? Would it be helpful to work with a psychotherapist as you navigate this new stage in life? Losing your role in life can be disorienting and people can get depressed or anxious. Although we see ourselves aging through our bodies (the outer shell), staying young is really about attitude if you are lucky and have your health. It’s time to reinvent yourself so that you can compete. Find a new hairstyle, pick out a fresh suit and head out for your interview. If you are feeling like your value is down, because that’s what the job market reflects, there are certain coping skills you can use to elevate your mood. Make a list of your strengths and accomplishments. Structure your day so you don’t have too much down time. Use this free time to develop other parts of yourself that you may not have had time for before. Maybe you’ve wanted to learn how to golf or scrapbook. Take a part-time job to stay active, take a computer class, or volunteer with kids in the schools. Stress takes a terrible toll on your health. Try to take one day at a time, noticing your feelings and learn to sit with them. Feelings are not good or bad, they’re just feelings. Its how we act on the feelings that is either appropriate or inappropriate. 8 Activities I suggest to my patients to help ease their stress during this ambiguous time are: 1. Journal your thoughts and feelings. Give them away to the paper. 2. Share your feelings with a safe person; someone who shows empathy and will not judge you. 3. Learn how to meditate and quiet your thoughts. This leaves room for new ideas. 4. Practice deep breathing throughout the day. That’s in through the nose, hold it for three seconds and blow it out your mouth. Your chest should not be rising but your stomach should. 5. Swim, walk, go to the gym, dance sing, paint, draw, golf 6. Read books on how nail an interview. 7. Join a group for leisure or for therapy. 8. Use this time become tech savvy, like younger applicants. Remember every job interview is a learning experience. What can I do better or different next time? Life isn’t over because you’re older than 40. It actually begins for many people because they now know what works for them. They also care less what people think. There are many active and satisfied people in this age group. Keep hope and keep living. Happy, involved people tend to generate positive energy around them. Pound the pavement; search the internet until you find a job. Tell yourself over and over, I am valuable. I would be an asset to any organization. Now get out there and sell yourself! Good luck! Ilissa is a marriage and family therapist in private practice in Glendora, CA. She facilitates a variety of therapy groups. She is the radio host of Talk Therapy w/Ilissa. Ilissa speaks on several topics. She authors 3 blogs. She specializes in relationship counseling and eating disorders. She also treats anxiety, depression, grief and loss as well as counsels on parenting and pre-marital issues. www.ilissabanhazlmft.com
- 2 Post a Comment
- Boomers:Does Creating A Killer Resume Cover Letter Make A Difference?
- Learn More
- Would you like to Create a Better Resume
- 6 Post a Comment
- Age Discrimination Act Of 1967: How Does It Affect Age Bias?
- Bored With Your Job? Get Out Of Your Rut.
- SMP Solutions (UK)
- Career Personal Development website
site visit date: 2012-11-19 08:39:48
internsover40.blogspot.in site information